Chicano and Latino photograph collection
Identifier: MSS 396 oversize
Photographs in this collection include those of activists involved with the United Farm Workers union including Cesar E. Chavez and Dolores Huerta, La Raza Unida party of Colorado and of Young Lords and Latin Kings member Jose Cha Cha Jimenez. Musicians and actors are also included. They include photos of the Fania All-Stars, a group of Puerto Rican musicians featured in the film "Our Latin Thing" and early photos of Ramon Novarre, lead actor in the 1925 film "Ben Hur."
- 1914 - 2005
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the authors of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. For photocopy and duplication requests, please contact MSU Libraries Special Collections.
1 Linear Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated/purchased by Diana Rivera starting in 2005. The photographs in this collection have been purchased from several rare book vendors. It is a growing collection.
Diana Rivera processed this collection in 2016
- Hispanic American actors -- Photographs
- Hispanic American musicians -- Photographs
- Hispanic Americans -- History -- Photographs
- Mexican American actors -- Photographs
- Mexican American musicians -- Photographs
- Mexican Americans -- History -- Photographs
- United Farm Workers -- History -- Photographs
- United Farm Workers of America -- History -- Photographs
- Finding Aid for The Chicano Latino Photo Collection
- Diana Rivera
- December 22, 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description