United Farm Workers Connecticut - New England Region 7 collection
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 536 large
The collection includes newspaper and magazine clippings as well as documents from boycott support groups and organizations. They included labor, student, religious and other interest group publications and white papers covering the period of 1965-1975.
- Majority of material found within 1965 - 1975
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Access The material is stored offsite in Remote Storage. Please contact Special Collections 3 working days in advance if you wish to use it.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
.3 Linear Feet (1 hollinger box)
This collection includes 10 files of information gathered or distrubuted as part of the regional house and its' work.
Biographical / Historical
The Connecticut - New England farmworker support group was part of the Region 7 UFW organization. They organized house meetings, boycott actions targeting stores that purchased non-UFW grapes. A lead coordinator was John Jackson whose name is prominent on many of the included documents.
The papers are arranged by general information.
Other Finding Aids
See also a related collection "UFW Massachusetts Boycott Office: Boston Records, Part 1" at https://reuther.wayne.edu/files/LR002436.pdf
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection of papers was acquired from Bolerium Books, San Francisco California in 2005.
Processed by Diana Rivera December 2016.
- Boycotts -- Unitied States -- Sources
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Hispanic American agricultural laborers -- Sources
- Records (Documents)
- Strikes and lockouts -- Agricultural laborers -- United States -- Sources
- United Farm Workers -- History -- Sources
- United Farm Workers of America -- History -- Sources
- United Farm Workers of America. New England Regional Office -- Archives
- United Farm Workers Connecticut - New England Region 7 collection
- December 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard